Do you need travel vaccinations before your getaway?
Our office in Hoppers Crossing is here to cater to all your travel vaccinations before your trip. We work with you to understand your travel plans and ensure that we safeguard you adequately from any disease.
Benefits of Hoppers Lane GP
Our office is well-known throughout Werribee as caring and comforting for all our patients. Some significant advantages of working with our team include:
- An office for every family member: We are proud to treat patients of all ages at our office. Our doctors cater to every patient from infants to the elderly and everyone in between. We understand the unique concerns of all our clients and strive to assist in any way possible.
- Flexible scheduling: Our team works to make sure that we accommodate all our patients. The office is open seven days a week with the option to book your appointment online. Keep in mind that we do offer extended hours and home visits should the occasion call for it.
- State of the art facility: We strive to give our patients the comfort of knowing that they are working with doctors in a top-notch office. We pride ourselves on keeping our facility up-to-date with the latest medical equipment to ensure proper care.
What Vaccinations do we Provide?
It’s important to keep in mind that countries will differ in their requirements for travel vaccinations. We offer inoculations that help protect you against the following health risks during your travels:
- Yellow fever: Yellow fever is a disease that is spread by mosquitos and typically found in more tropical climates. Symptoms of this illness include fever, chills, loss of appetite, muscle pain and vomiting. Although yellow fever only lasts for three to four days, it is not something you want to combat while you are on holiday.
- Typhoid: The bacterial infection known as typhoid brings with it extremely uncomfortable symptoms. It is a recommended vaccine for those travelling to areas where there are issues with poor sanitation and hygiene. If you are venturing off to a country like this, we highly recommend that you receive this shot and stay on top of always washing your hands. Ailments associated with this disease include fever, abdominal pain and constipation.
- Boostrix: This vaccine is used to prevent the effects of bacterial illnesses such as diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis. The shot works by injecting a small dose of the bacteria so that your body develops immunity against the disease. Although this shot is usually administered to children, it’s important to verify that adults have received the vaccine before any travel as these sicknesses could be potentially life-threatening.
Why Travel Vaccinations in Point Cook are Cost Effective
Before you book an international holiday, it is imperative that you contact our office to confirm that you are current with your travel vaccination requirements. While you are planning your getaway, the last thing that you want to concern yourself with is getting sick while you’re out of the country.
Our team of skilled professionals are here to help. To book your appointment to receive your travel vaccinations in Point Cook, visit our contact page. We look forward to having you as a patient.