Travelling, while fun, can quickly become an unpleasant experience if you are exposed to viruses or diseases on your journey. Foreseeing the possible threats and protecting yourselves before every trip – whether business or leisure – is impossible without proper professional care and medical guidance. A number of clinics have specialised doctors that offer travel advice, vaccinations, and more to travellers before their trips. With the help of travel vaccinations near Hoppers Crossing, doctors can immunise individuals against potential diseases and viruses.
Visit us before your holiday or business trip
[read_more id=”1″ more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]Our clinic in Hoppers Lane, Werribee, caters to all your travel vaccinations near Hoppers Crossing before your trip. We work with you to understand your travel plans and ensure that we safeguard you adequately from any disease.
Our team of qualified doctors are on hand to provide a wide range of vaccinations in a comfortable and friendly environment. We are conveniently located just off Princes Highway – less than 5 minutes’ drive from Hoppers Crossing, Werribee and Point Cook.
Deciding which vaccinations you need for your trip
The exact combination of vaccinations you need for your trip depends on many factors. It is wise to discuss the details of your trip with one of our doctors and they can develop an immunisation plan tailored to your itinerary.
Factors impacting the vaccinations you require include:
- Your immunisation history
- The length of your trip
- The country/region
- Whether you will visit any rural areas
Some of our common inoculations include:
● Yellow fever: Yellow fever is a disease that is spread by mosquitoes and typically found in more tropical climates. Symptoms of this illness include fever, chills, loss of appetite, muscle pain and vomiting. Although yellow fever only lasts for three to four days, it is not something you want to combat while you are on holiday.
● Typhoid: The bacterial infection known as typhoid brings with it extremely uncomfortable symptoms. It is a recommended vaccine for those travelling to areas where there are issues with poor sanitation and hygiene. If you are venturing off to a country like this, we highly recommend that you receive this shot and stay on top of always washing your hands. Ailments associated with this disease include fever, abdominal pain and constipation.
● Boostrix: This vaccine is used to prevent the effects of bacterial illnesses such as diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis. The shot works by injecting a small dose of the bacteria so that your body develops immunity against the disease. Although this shot is usually administered to children, it’s important to verify that adults have received the vaccine before any travel as these illnesses could be potentially life-threatening.
What to bring to your consultation
Make the most out of your consultation by bringing the basic details of your trip. Bring the information below so your travel doctor at our Hoppers Crossing clinic can map out an immunisation plan tailored to your specific requirements:
- Past immunisation history
- Dates you are travelling away
- Any challenging or out-of-the-way accommodation you may be staying in
- Any special activities (skiing, surfing, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Travel consultations at Hoppers Lane GP are bulk billed. However, new patients are required to pay during their first visit to the clinic.
Unlike the first consultation, follow up consultations are bulk billed.
There is no medicare rebate required because the consultation is bulk billed.
Different vaccinations accrue different costs. Please contact our friendly reception staff on (03) 8731 6500 to learn more.
Travel vaccines are not covered by Medicare. You will have to pay for the cost of the vaccine, but the consultation will be bulk billed. For new patients, the first visit will need to be paid for.
The regulations for travelling overseas with medication vary from country to country.
This depends entirely on your insurer. Please check with your insurer to see whether they allow you to claim travel vaccinations back on your insurance. The insurance will usually pay out after full payment is made.
We stock the following vaccinations on site:
- Yellow Fever
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningitis ACWY
- Meningitis B
- Influenza recommended for all undertaking plane travel
Available on prescription: Rabies, Japanese Encephalitis
At Hoppers Lane General Practice, we strive to follow a patient-centric approach that puts the needs of our patients as priority. Taking your travel plans and requirements into consideration, we help cover you from potential threats with the help of travel vaccinations administered by our travel doctor near Hoppers Crossing.
If you are planning a business trip or vacation soon, you can visit us for a consultation to help us identify the vaccinations and preventive measures that could be essential before your journey. The appointment for your consultation can be booked by contacting us at (03) 8731 6500.